Reader Comments

What's wrong with the other 8 percent, Brand joked

by Teodoro Kirkpatrick (2019-08-01)


(CBS News) Russell Brand riffed on current events and more on his new TV show, "Brand X," which premiered last night on FX.

In the half-hour comedy show, Brand covered a wide range of topics from the Dalai Lama to Friedrich Nietzche, and tried to involve the studio audience with a series of polls

Pictures: Russell BrandRead More: Russell Brand brings "Brand X" to TV

The comedian included his audience in the fun, too. As he talked, he waded through the crowd and asked them questions, which they could respond to via an insta-poll. In one question last night, 92 percent of the audience said that they would want to spend a day with the Dalai Lama. What's wrong with the other 8 percent, Brand joked.

"I love doing stand-up because you have a direct interaction with the audience," Brand told Reuters.

Brand, 카지노사이트 who go his start doing stand-up, told Time, "This show is going be very spontaneous and exciting and a very truthful take on the news. It will be in defiance of the proscriptive narrative that we constantly see on TV and in print media."

The half-hour show will air once a week on Thursday nights at 11 p.m. on FX.